In the digital economy, applications drive business outcomes. Applications have grown more powerful and sophisticated than ever before given the rise of technologies such as artificial intelligence, conversational UX and the Internet of Things and are now heavily influencing businesses’ ability to deliver the immediate user experiences demanded by today’s connected customers. To keep up with this pace of digital business and growing customer demands, enterprises are investing aggressively to accelerate their digital transformations. Modern CIOs and line of business leaders are under increasing pressure to have real-time visibility into the state of the business and work together more closely to react in minutes, not weeks.
Enterprises are under immense pressure to deliver growth through rapid software innovation to meet the high expectations of a new generation of connected customers,” said David Wadhwani, president and CEO, AppDynamics. “But business owners often aren’t aware of the impact of these changes on the health of a business until weeks or months later due to the disconnect with IT. Business iQ gives companies the real-time insights they need to take action in minutes.”
Introducing Business iQ: New App iQ Performance Engine for Enterprises to Drive Business Performance
With Business iQ, enterprises have the visibility they need and the right solution to monitor their businesses in real-time. As each company deploys more and more software across public, private and hybrid cloud environments, the lack of a common language between business owners and IT departments constraining enterprise agility. With Business iQ, AppDynamics is reinventing performance monitoring by combining application monitoring and business monitoring into a single platform that delivers a common framework for business owners and IT departments to speed up MTBA.
Legacy approaches to bring IT and business owners closer together relied on isolated operational analytics solutions, which made it difficult to reflect a holistic picture of a user’s entire journey and achieve visibility into the business. Now, business and IT users are empowered to unlock business insights and address issues in real-time that may impact the business with Business iQ capabilities, including:
- User Session Monitoring – Dive into user sessions to identify business outcomes using machine learning. Enterprises have the ability to troubleshoot performance issues faster with new access to Browser and Mobile Sessions data available from AppDynamics Real User Monitoring. With User Session Monitoring, enterprises can now conduct conversion funnel analysis and advanced segmentation on performance as well as business data in real time.
- Query Language Enhancements – Calculated values and support for complex filtering in the AppDynamics Query Language enables companies to calculate metrics and KPIs, such as the percentage of revenue derived from different product categories faster. The mathematical operators can now be used on numeric fields as well as aggregations enabling users to write powerful queries to create rich, derived metrics. The filter command allows for intelligent segmentation within queries.
- New Funnel Analysis – The completely redesigned out of the box funnel visualization creates KPIs related to bounce rate, conversion rate and the number of abandoners at each critical step—making it easy to visualize and understand user impact due to performance issues.
The AppDynamics Fall ‘16 Release will deliver Business iQ, with rich capabilities for monitoring, managing and enhancing awareness into the real-time business health and performance of enterprise applications. Powered by rich and extensible data sets and application analytics technology, Business iQ provides enterprises with the intelligence to improve their business velocity and lower their MTBA, enabling them to take immediate action and drive better business outcomes. Enterprises can shrink their MTBA from days down to minutes, identify unplanned issues and aggregate business data into one holistic and unified view.
The App iQ Platform is the foundation for AppDynamics’ unified suite of applications. Business iQ joins the existing intelligent performance engines, including:
- Map iQ–Helps IT clearly see and understand the customer journey, allowing AppDynamics to automatically create and dynamically update visual flow maps. Everything is revealed in the form of business transactions, the AppDynamics patented system which automatically discovers, intuitively names, and traces interactions as they propagate through the infrastructure.
- Baseline iQ–Establishes and manages thresholds which allows customers to understand users experience with their applications. Health rules are automatically created to trigger alerts when a deviation from the baseline is noticed, allowing proactive investigation of issues before users are impacted.
- Diagnostic iQ–Enables deep diagnostic capabilities including full code visibility when users need it most. Highly efficient, low overhead agents use patented algorithms and pattern recognition intelligence to distil data down to what’s most important. Then when problems occur, customers go deep. Full snapshots including code, database calls, and infrastructure metrics are captured and correlated, making it easy to determine root cause.
- Business iQ–Provides business-centric dashboards and analytics, creating a common language and partnership between IT and business teams, enabling them to leverage technology to help drive the business, not just support it.
- Signal iQ–Ingests, stores, and correlates the massive amounts of data gathered from AppDynamics. Capable of consuming trillions of events per month—from applications, infrastructure, and business metrics—Signal iQ streamlines the approach to big data, enabling better customer experiences and business decision making.
- Enterprise iQ–Removes the typical complexity out of deployment and management of monitoring solutions, by delivering an intuitive UI that makes configuration at scale a breeze. Additionally, it streamlines mapping, deployment, and maintenance at scale for even the most complex enterprise application environments. And to ensure the right people get the right access, role-based access control and policies provide appropriate data access and governance.
Modern CIOs have made it clear that they want simpler packaging and more capabilities from monitoring solutions that meet the unique monitoring demands of their businesses. To better address these needs, AppDynamics is introducing three new editions. The new Peak Editions include the innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform and Business iQ capabilities in a single offering that delivers faster Mean Time to Identification, Mean Time to Resolution and Mean Time to Business Awareness. AppDynamics continues to invest heavily to make customers successful and offers a full range of deployment options that suit the unique needs of their business whether it is public, private, or hybrid cloud deployments. Peak Editions give enterprises additional choices on how they satisfy their monitoring needs.
Performance-obsessed enterprises, including DIRECTV, eHarmony, Kraft, MTV Networks, NASDAQ, Pearson, Progressive Insurance and Sephora use AppDynamics to deliver performances that exceed the expectations of today’s customers. With a single view of their application portfolios, the ability to drill into any particular line of the potentially billions of lines of code flowing through their environments, enterprises can deliver exceptional performance during their digital transformation. AppDynamics’ industry leading unified monitoring suite of applications, including Application Performance Management, End-User Monitoring, and Infrastructure Visibility enables companies to optimize every endpoint, node and microservice on the journey.