Location: Cupertino, CA
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day.
Apple's Exploratory Design group is seeking an enthusiastic engineer to collaborate with a R&D team of developing a new generation of bio-sensing technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience applying data analysis techniques to understand complex measurements.
- Strong programming ability in MATLAB (preferable) or Python
- Comfort with math and statistical methods, including experience with multivariate statistical techniques such as PCA
- Experience with analytical instrumentation. Specific experience with optics, spectroscopy, or biomedical measurement is a big plus
- Experience with measurement systems analysis is a plus
- Experience with optical simulation is a plus
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Develop data analysis methods, including mathematical justification, documentation, and implementation in MATLAB
- Characterize and understand sources of noise and signal variability in optical instrumentation
- Perform statistical analyses of complex systems based on theory, simulations, and experimental data
- Characterize and understand interaction of light with scattering media
- Support optical debug efforts through data analysis
- Degree in science, applied math or engineering. Masters with 3+ years of experience or PhD.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.